Fried shrimp is a favorite at our house any time. This recipe for shrimp tempura from the Gourmet cookbook is the best I have ever found. It is quick, easy, and tastes delicious!
Do you have a party in your plans? Check out the latest feature on my website - 'Party in a Bag'! The Bags are designed to help you pull your party together in 30 minutes - flat! I love to entertain but don't often have the time required to pull off a big, fancy 'do', so, over the years, I have learned a few short-cuts; I will share them with you.
If you are planning a dinner party, take a look at the Holiday and Special '30-Minute Complete Menu Plans' on my website. You will find menu ideas to help with your celebration.
The Family Meals '30-Minute Complete Menu Plans' are there to help with both weeknight and special dinner prep. I create Complete Menu Plans using the 30-minute menus from this blog:
- The Complete Menu Plans give you recipes and step-by-step instructions for preparing the complete meal (not just the entree as most meal plans do) in 30 minutes - flat! I even include a grocery list to save unnecessary trips to the grocery store.
- These are eComplete Menu Plans so you can purchase the menu plan now and use it for dinner tonight!
- You won't have to spend your precious time thinking of menu ideas and then looking up the recipes - I will send it all directly to you!
- You can purchase a Complete Menu Plan for the introductory price of .25 each.
- If you have found my 30-minute menus helpful, then you must check out the 30-Minute Complete Menu Plans!
You will find that I use several cooking methods, mix and match, to get dinner on the table quickly! (The ingredients in parenthesis show some of my quick-prep steps.) You can always substitute your favorite made-from-scratch recipes when you have more time.
I hope you have a great week!Sunday:
Poached Fish in White Wine Sauce (frozen fish fillets)
Duchess Potatoes (instant garlic mashed potatoes)
Baby Peas (frozen peas)
Baked Tomato Halves
Coconut Cream Pie with Berries (prepared graham cracker crust, instant pudding mix)
Chicken and Dumplings (crock pot; frozen dumplings or pastry sheets, cream of mushroom soup; save some chicken for Thursday)
Asparagus / Tomato Stir Fry
Stacked Brownies (purchased brownies and ice cream)
Fire Cracker Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa (canned pineapple and chilies)
Sauteed Pierogies (frozen pierogies)
Fresh Baked Jumbo Cookies
Quick Baked Ziti (vegetarian; jarred pasta sauce, bagged shredded cheese)
Panned Spinach (bagged baby spinach)
Individual Cherry Pies (purchased pastry shells, canned cherry pie filling)
Warm Chicken Citrus Salad (chicken from Monday, bagged salad greens, jarred citrus)
Triple Corn Chowder (canned corn, purchased corn chips)
Pecan Pie (purchased pecan pie)
Blue Cheese Encrusted Beef Stew (prepared pie crust, beef gravy, canned potatoes and carrots)
Tossed Salad (jarred salad dressing)
Apple Dumplings a la Mode (purchased ice cream, prepared pie crust)
Tempura Shrimp (cleaned and deveined shrimp)
Udon Noodles with Soy Dressing (purchased noodles)
Steamed Julienne Vegetables (bagged julienned vegetables)
Fresh Fruit Baskets (puff pastry, canned whipped cream)
Get inspired for your weekly menus at OrgJunkie!
I sincerely hope you have fun with your meal planning and preparation,
Elizabeth Randall and Family