Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MMC - 30 Minute Menus November 30

I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was wonderful! We had a grand time with lots of delicious food and great company.

My mother was not able to join us for Thanksgiving so I will be 'baking and taking' to her house this coming Saturday. The menu can be mostly prepared ahead and just warmed when I arrive at her house. I will cook the Chicken Cordon Blue as normal except omit the last step of adding the cheeses; I will add the cheeses at my mother's house and then toast them under the broiler until the cheeses melt and the chicken is warmed through. The salad will go together quickly, too.

Since I hosted our family gathering this year, I have the added bonus of having leftovers. I just love already-cooked foods because it makes supper so easy to pull together.

I not only have turkey and the fixings in my fridge but I also have some steak and shrimp from our Surf and Turf dinner party last Friday night. The challenge for me is to use these foods in menus that are completely different than the 'first go around' so my family won't be upset with me. If you don't have the leftovers, the menus can still be followed - just allow a little extra time to cook the meat and shrimp. See the menus below to see how I will pull it all together.

I have started a new feature on my web page - 30-Minute Complete Menu Plans. I am creating Complete Menu Plans using the 30-minute menus from this blog:

  • The Complete Menu Plans give you recipes and step-by-step instructions for preparing the complete meal (not just the entree as most meal plans do) in 30 minutes - flat!
  • I even include a grocery list to save unnecessary trips to the grocery store.
  • These are eComplete Menu Plans so you can purchase the menu plan now and use it for dinner tonight!
  • You won't have to spend your precious time thinking of menu ideas and then looking up the recipes - I will send it all directly to you!
  • You can purchase a Complete Menu Plan for the introductory price of .25 each.
  • If you have found my 30-minute menus helpful, then you must check out the 30-Minute Complete Menu Plans!

You will find that I use several cooking methods, mix and match, to get dinner on the table quickly! You can always substitute your favorite made-from-scratch recipes when you have more time.

I hope you have a great week!



Sunday:
Stuffed Pork Chops with Maple Glaze (stuffing from Thanksgiving or make from boxed mix)
Harvard Beets (jarred beets)
7-Layer Salad
Berry Topped Cupcakes (purchased cupcakes)

Monday:
Black and Blue Salad (steak from Friday, bagged salad greens)
Rolls
Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar

Tuesday:
Quick Weeknight Jambalaya (shrimp from Friday, boxed Gumbo mix)
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing (bagged baby spinach)
Crusty Bread
Cream Puff Tower (purchased cream puffs)

Wednesday:
Chicken Mexi-Mac and Cheese Supper (turkey from Thanksgiving, boxed Mac & Cheese)
Green Beans
Chocolate Pies (instant pudding and prepared pie shells)

Thursday:
Pecan Shepherd's Pie (filling base is canned chunky soup, instant mashed potatoes)
Waldorf Salad
Cherry Fluff (canned pie filling and fruit, frozen whipped topping)

Friday:
Foccacia with Mushroom Fritters and Garlic Mayo (purchased foccacia bread, sliced mushrooms)
Fresh Fruit Salad (yogurt dressing)
Toasted Pound Cake and Ice Cream (purchased pound cake and ice cream)

Saturday:
Chicken Cordon Blue (bonless, skinless chicken breasts, Italian bread crumbs)
Long Grain and Wild Rice (boxed rice mix)
Roasted Broccoli Mix
Mixed Greens with Pears and Walnuts (bagged greens, bottled salad dressing)
Holiday Chocolate Torte (purchased chocolate torte decorated for season)

Get inspired for your weekly menus at OrgJunkie!

I sincerely hope you have fun with your meal planning and preparation, Elizabeth Randall and Family

No comments: