Friday, October 2, 2009

MMC 30-Minute Menus for October 4

I am moving to Atlanta this weekend! For those of you that follow this blog, you know that my husband passed away earlier this summer so I am moving from beautiful Wilmington, NC to Atlanta, GA to be near my family. It is not an easy transition for me as I love so many things about Wilmington including neighbors, church, and job - but it will be great being in the same town as my immediate family, extended family, and dear friends!

Sunday is moving day; I found it quite surprising that moving companies now work seven days a week. Our supper on Sunday night will be freezer chili (which will thaw as we move from Wilmington to Atlanta plus I know the microwave will be working in the new house). I have substituted the 'Chile for a Crowd' menu for you since your schedule probably won't be quite so hectic as mine.

Move-in day is Monday. After a quick trip to the grocery store, I will be all set for the 'Hot Chicken Salad' menu.

Tuesday is settling-in day with a crock pot special 'Pulled Pork' menu. The rest of the week has easy-to-prep menus which will allow easy moving into the new house and city.

Saturday will be a family Open House and I will serve Lasagna Florentine. There will be an appetizer course as family gathers, but to be quite honest, I don't know what it will be as I have asked my family to bring a favorite appetizer (how's that for proper prior planning!).

Do you have a party in your plans? If so, check out the latest feature on my website - 'Party in a Bag'! The Bags are designed to help you pull your party together in 30 minutes - flat! I love to entertain but don't often have the time required to pull off a big, fancy 'do', so, over the years, I have learned a few short-cuts; I will share them with you.

If you are planning a dinner party or family gathering, take a look at the Holiday and Special '30-Minute Complete Menu Plans' on my website. You will find menu ideas to help with your celebration or 'do'.

The Family Meals '30-Minute Complete Menu Plans' are developed to help with both weeknight and special dinner prep. I create Complete Menu Plans using the 30-minute menus from this blog:

  • The Complete Menu Plans give you recipes and step-by-step instructions for preparing the complete meal (not just the entree as most meal plans do) in 30 minutes - flat! I even include a grocery list to save unnecessary trips to the grocery store.
  • These are eComplete Menu Plans so you can purchase the menu plan now and use it for dinner tonight!
  • You won't have to spend your precious time thinking of menu ideas and then looking up the recipes - I will send it all directly to you!
  • You can purchase a Complete Menu Plan for the introductory price of .25 each.
  • You can purchase a Complete Menu Plan for the introductory price of .25 each. If you have found my 30-minute menus helpful, then you must check out the 30-Minute Complete Menu Plans!

You will find that I use several cooking methods, mix and match, to get dinner on the table quickly! (The ingredients in parenthesis show some of my quick-prep steps.) You can always substitute your favorite made-from-scratch recipes when you have more time.

I hope you have a great week!

Sunday:
Cincinnati Chili for a Crowd (Cinci chili 5 ways with noodles, shredded cheese, onions, beans, or plain)
Condiment Bar (jarred salsas and relishes with sour cream)
Citrus and Avocado Salad (jarred citrus)
Stacked Brownies (purchased brownies and chocolate syrup)

Monday:
Hot Chicken Salad (cooked chicken if available, jarred chutney, canned pineapple, bagged salad greens)
Sliced Apples with Grapes
Chocolate Nut Toffee (boxed graham cracker crumbs, chocolate morsels)

Tuesday:
Pulled Pork (crock pot; bottled BBQ sauce and mushroom gravy)
Buns and Condiments (purchased buns, jarred condiments)
Black-Eyed Pea Salad (canned peas, corn, and chilies)
Cheesecake Filled Pears (instant cheesecake pudding mix, canned pears)

Wednesday:
Fiesta Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Ro*Tel canned tomatoes)
Yellow Rice (boxed rice mix)
Mexi-Corn (canned corn)
Pear Salad (canned pears)
Banana Pudding (purchased vanilla wafers, instant pudding mix)

Thursday:
Quick Baked Ziti (vegetarian; jarred pasta sauce, bagged shredded cheese)
Panned Spinach (bagged baby spinach; save some spinach for Friday)
Individual Cherry Pies (purchased pastry shells, canned cherry pie filling)

Friday:
Quick Weeknight Jambalaya (boxed gumbo mix, chicken tenders, fully cooked smoked sausage, cleaned and deveined shrimp, canned tomatoes)
Strawberry Spinach Salad (bagged baby spinach)
Cream Puffs (purchased cream puffs)

Saturday:
Lasagna Florentine (vegetarian; frozen pastry strips, frozen spinach, jarred pasta sauce, shredded cheeses)
Hearty Greek Salad (jarred salad dressing)
Italian Bread
Chocolate Pies (prepared pastry shells, instant pudding mix)

Get inspired for your weekly menus at OrgJunkie!

I sincerely hope you have fun with your meal planning and preparation,
Elizabeth Randall and Family

No comments: